Saturday, December 29, 2018

I Bought My Sister A Featherweight, She Bought Me This - 128

My sister has always wanted a Featherweight.  I really have no use for them and would just smile and nod when she waxed on about them.  She was working an auction this past spring and one came up for sale.  She was a little light on funds with her that day and I, being the wonderful brother I am, bought it for her, all the while denigrating it of course.  An added bonus was that it was manufactured the same year as she was born, so she was super excited about it.  To pay me back she bought me this 1919 128 a few days later.


As you can see in the somewhat out of focus pictures, it's not in pristine shape.  But it is a machine I didn't have a copy of and 'portable'.


Besides the machine having a few issues the early style bentwood case has taken a few hits of its own.


And isn't quite 100% complete


Other than the case dings and missing pieces the machine isn't in too terrible of shape. It is moderately well clean with just a few minor rusty spots around.  Taking these pictures was the first time I've looked inside it.


Not too terrible at all.  But it's way down on the list of getting any attention as far as cleaning and finding parts.

I don't believe the motor mount bracket is Singer.  There is not Simanco stamp or part number on it, just an "S".  Not really like Singer to have a chunk of metal without a part number on it.  I took it off and set it aside.


This one will get a hand crank I imagine.  Be something cool to take to NE-TOGA for doing piece work.  But that's almost a year away, so for the next few months it'll be boxed up and sitting aside while other project get precedence.

No comments:

Post a Comment