Sunday, July 8, 2018

Under a year! YAY!

So, here's what happened.  I forgot what account I was using for Blogger.  I've been scratching my head for a few months wondering why, when I logged on, my blog didn't show up.  Oops.

Okay so now this is fixed here's a preview of what's coming:

Singer 29K73! Oh yeah.  Next to Black Swan, 29s have been on my 'please, honey, can I?' list.

Yet another 66, but this one is in a parlor cabinet.  Well out of it now, but it'll go back in for pictures, then get yanked out and Black Swan will have a new home.

128 and 221.  Okay, yes, Featherweights are junk.  But my sister really wanted one, so I bought it for her. In return she gave me a 128 in a bent wood case.  I came out ahead.

I think there are more, I'll have to dig around and see.

We are still getting reorganized from the move (9 months later), so I have to dig out the camera and find some place to do photos.  But they are coming.  Promise.

4 comments:

  1. How nice to hear from you again! Can't wait for all the new stuff to come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sorry it was so long again. But new stuff is coming now.

      Delete
  2. Ha! I get the line about 221's, but they aren't junk, just special purpose machines that are more delicate than the full sized iron ladies of yore. I think of them as well built little pocket machines for tiny houses and carting to and from geographic locations. Far from junk. However trading for a 128 in (hopefully) a good case is a good trade. Interested in seeing your post about the 29, that is not in my herd yet (and not sure I will ever be able to make room, but one can hope. For a garage...)I had the opportunity when my local OSMG (old sewing machine guru) was retiring to FL and letting go of his own herd, but I did not have room. I did come home with his 96-10 head, which needs a table before being brought up to function.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have big gorilla hands so anything I do on a 221 turns tragic real quick. The 128 wasn't in all that great shape. Hope you enjoy the 29K73 post. Getting it mounted on the 29-4 base is going to be my son's metal fab project.

      Delete