Wednesday, January 2, 2019

One Of The Best Guys I Ever Met

I was digging around for some photos of a period outfit I did today and came across this one from around 2006.


I had the honor of meeting the Bushes a few times of the course of several years when I went to their place at Kennebunkport for work.  You would think a former president would just kind of overlook the long haired dude showing up to do a couple hour service call, but every time I went to the compound President Bush made an effort to search me out and chat for a half hour or so.  He even made a point to ask about my wife and kids by name.  I'm sure he had someone to remind him who I was when my name showed up in the visitor schedule, but still that he would make an effort is pretty darn cool.  He even loaned my his 'presidential' Segway on occasion to get around the compound.

Just a great guy.

2 comments: