Tuesday, January 12, 2016

First Machine From Today's Haul

I figured I would post the photos going from oldest to newest.

First up is a 1908 Model 27-4.  One of the important items about this machine is that it fills out the 00 decade hole in my collection.  Hey, that's kind of important.  I'm now covered from the 1890s to 1960s, with the exception of the 1940s.  Maybe I'll pick up a 40s 99 to fill in there.

The decals are excellent compared to what I normally get.  Not as good as Wicked Queen's, but they are in better condition that Black Swan's.  There are just a couple of specs of silvering on them.  Someone did put tape over the front slide plate, but I'll work that off gently.  I think this one will be the first cleaned up.  It won't get the straight leg treadle though, that's still either going to be the 1896 (that should be here in a couple of days) or the 15-30.  I guess I need to get a couple more treadle bases to house the growing family.



No comments:

Post a Comment