Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Machine #2 - 127-3(1?)

Now when I put my ad up on Craigslist this is the type of machine I was expecting to get.  Decals pretty much gone.  Paint well chewed through.  It's a 1913 Model 127-3.  It's possibly a 127-1, the models are identical. The ISMACS website specifically calls out 1913 at the year of the 127-3 though, so I'll trust the experts on it.  I do get chastised pretty often for taking other people's word on Singer history.  I go to the books as well, but since I don't have decades of experience a lot of the descriptions in the parts manuals go over my head.  The 66s and 15s are easier because the later parts manuals have drawings of what each model looks like.  I haven't found that for any of the vibrating shuttle machines yet.

This one is beat up enough that I think it might actually slip to the front of the restoration line, ahead of the 15-30.  I still have no experience doing the transfer decals and the 15-30 is in good enough shape that I don't want to screw it up by making a mess of the decals.



No comments:

Post a Comment