Sunday, January 3, 2016

Another Before And After

I was sewing some 1.1oz ripstop nylon and insultex again to day.  When I needed a break before setting fire to the whole project I decided to give the 66's badge a quick polishing with some Eagle One Never Dull.  I was pretty impressed with the results.  Here's the before and after, of course.


It's hard for the camera to really do justice.  The badge is not washed out like it appears, it has a nice brass glow.  Though the camera does pick up some areas where I can give it a bit more polishing.  I'm really happy I got the badge removal figured out and didn't have to damage it or the pins removing them.

Also if you like old sewing machines here's a link for a film to watch


It's seventy minutes of silent footage of the Singer plant at Kilbowie shot in 1934 and is hosted by the National Library of Scotland.

Back to sewing ripstop.  Grrr

No comments:

Post a Comment