Thursday, January 14, 2016

Really. I can stop whenever I want.

I just need one more.  Just one.

The 1896 27-3 arrived today.  And it will truly be the last one for a bit.  It's in pretty rough shape.  It's all together but it's going to take some work to get it looking good again.  And it will be the next priority after the current restoration project.

I don't think there is a decent decal left on it.  So I'm not going to feel bad going after it with the paint removing.  It really looks like someone went after it with Drain-O or something with a ton of ammonia in it.  The first couple of photos aren't in the best focus, but you aren't missing anything.




It came in what is possibly the worst home-made base I have ever seen.  The only thing keeping it out of the trash for the moment are the hinges.  But they'll be coming off after this post.  A motor was also attached.  I pulled it off as soon as I got the machine unwrapped.  This one is going into a treadle like it was built for.  Maybe I'll put the motor on a later treadle model that I have a spare solid wheel for.


No comments:

Post a Comment