Saturday, January 7, 2017

My Sister is so Awesome! 401A

I have a lot in common with my sister in Oklahoma.  We both like motorcycles and we both like sewing machines, Singers especially.  While my sister is able to keep herself in check and not overload her living space with them, I seem to have missed that part of the family genetic makeup.  So when she said she had a machine up in her attic that she was looking to get rid of I was like "WHAT!?  How do you bring yourself to part with a sewing machine?  I'll take it! Me-me-me-me-me!"

After going with the scout troop to Philmont in New Mexico we swung through Oklahoma on our way back for our summer visit.  Her husband pulled the thing out of the attic and had it waiting for us in the garage when we got there (like me, she married well).

Now here is the mental picture for you.  Three people with two weeks of back country camping gear in a Prius.  Then add a Singer 401 in a Parklane cabinet.  It was a wee cramped from Oklahoma back to Connecticut.




If anyone knows where I can get a 221/222 for a not-insane price I would like to repay her gift by getting her dream machine for her.

The apartment is getting pretty cramped as well.  After our experiences with Massachusetts real estate we decided we aren't going to buy another place on the east coast, since we both want to retire out west.  Well I figure if I take up enough space in the apartment with sewing machines then we will HAVE! to move back just to have more space for them, and the Cray and Sun supercomputers I have in storage.  But that's a whole other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment