Sunday, January 8, 2017

Respect for the Dead. 15-91

I visited a friend today in search for parts for the IF.  While digging through I mentioned that I needed a IF or Model 15 presser assembly.  He whipped this little lady off the shelf and said, "There you go."


I was about the start working on the presser assembly when he said, "No take the whole thing."


Now, as you can tell from the pictures the "whole thing" isn't quite whole.  But the price was right and I need the presser assembly (already removed in photos) so our brave donor here followed me home.


I'm not going to name it, since it's pretty much flatline at this point.  Though as a point of interest for me, it is from 1935 and the iron is in good shape, whereas Anna is a little beat up from her rough shipping journey.  If it wasn't for the missing badge it would be a no brainer to swap Anna into a new, older head.  Not really relishing the thought of another badge removal surgery anytime soon.


For now it will remain a parts donor.  We'll see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment