Saturday, January 7, 2017

Okay, back in the swing. 15-91 (Anna)

Here's the first of my catch-up posts.  This little, hmm, beauty(?) was more of a rescue than something I went looking for.  Back in March I saw this 1954 15-91 on shopgoodwill.com with no bids.  I mean com'on a 15-91 those usually go for around 40-50 bucks on goodwill, so I put in a $16 bid, with the shipping of $18 it still brought me in under $50.  I figured the price would double by the end of the auction, but a least I tried.  So imagine my surprise when I won the thing for $16.



It was packed horrifically, the post office ended up taping over the holes in the box because the folks who packed it threw it in a box 3 times it size with just about 2 square feet of bubble wrap thrown in loose with it.  It had punched through in about a dozen places and one of the legs got chipped.  But still, for 45 bucks who can complain.



Since the first 15-91 is named Wicked Queen and this is a younger sister I'm going to call her Anna to annoy my son who claims not to be a fan of Frozen.  Though when I asked what the name of the younger sister was, he didn't even have to pause before giving me her name... hmm.


It's bound up pretty good right now.  Needs a good break down and cleaning.  Now that I'm back into retired mode maybe I'll move it up in the task list and get it running before going back to the restorations.


2 comments:

  1. Agreed, Shopgoodwill shipping is the pits! I have stopped buying from them unless I can drive to pick up a machine (NC, SC, VA only for me). I bought a hand crank 128 from a NY location. The spool pin and presser foot pressure adjustment knob partially punched through the bentwood case - repairable but annoying.

    John Thomas in NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments, John. Sorry for the absence, we have been moving. I haven't looked at Goodwill since the spring. I'm actually trying to find a 47w70 and they really aren't the place to look for industrial machines.

      Delete